400 for Thanksgiving Dinner: Serving the Poor with St. Peter’s Church
How much can a simple act of kindness impact someone’s life? How can your involvement in community initiatives create meaningful connections? If you’ve ever felt a calling to connect with those in need, this conversation is for you. It’s a journey of faith, partnership, and service, guiding you to take the first step. Discover the profound stories that emerge when people come together and learn how your simple acts of kindness can make a lasting difference in the lives of others.
In this episode, you will:
- Dive into the unexpected life situations that drive individuals to seek assistance and support from generous communities.
- Embrace the powerful connection between gratitude, faith, and the fulfilling sense of vocation in those dedicated to serving the less fortunate.
- Explore the impact of storytelling, showcasing the positive changes donors bring to people’s lives through their heartfelt contributions.
- Learn to break down societal barriers and challenge preconceptions about homelessness by fostering genuine face-to-face connections with those in need.
- Discover the transformative potential of involving children and teenagers in service opportunities, sowing the seeds of compassion and empathy.
Join this podcast for a journey of faith, compassion, and the transformative power of service. As today’s guest Cindy says, “You don’t have to go somewhere to be on a mission trip. You can do it right here in Omaha, right here with your St. Vincent de Paul, right here with your Catholic Church.”
Jim Jansen – Director of Pastoral Services, Archdiocese of Omaha
With Cindy and Kevin Englekamp