How to Become a Contagious Catholic with Marcel LeJeune
Have you ever met a contagious Catholic? I’m not talking about cold and flu season here – I mean meeting someone whose faith is so vibrant and inspiring that it makes you want to deepen your own spiritual journey. Well, today, I had the joy of chatting with one such individual.
Marcel LeJeune helped create the world’s largest campus ministry at Texas A&M, and he spills his secrets on infusing your faith with contagious enthusiasm. One of his gems from our conversation:
“Your inadequacies to the task at hand that you want to accomplish are nothing in the hands of a God who is infinitely powerful. All He has is messed up, sinful, insufficient people for the task that he wants to accomplish, and He laughs at us. All He asks is us to give Him a little bit of room and a small yes, and then get out of His way. Because here’s the thing. I am neither the most talented, the smartest, certainly not the best looking of any of the people that I know, even in my local community. I’m not the best evangelist. I’m not the best theologian. I’m not the best writer or speaker. I’m not the best person to have a conversation with. I’m not the best listener. I’m not best at any of those things. And yet, God can still do big things through me and you because God is bigger than I am and bigger than you.”
In today’s episode:
- Delve into the crucial role of a foundational, daily prayer life for deepening your spiritual journey.
- Explore how parishes serve as hubs for equipping individuals to share their faith effectively.
- Be inspired by the current positive transformations within the Church, despite the challenges.
Tune in and be empowered to share your faith boldly and authentically.
More resources from our guest:
- The Contagious Catholic: The Art of Practical Evangelization by Marcel LeJeune
- Catholic Missionary Disciples
- Discerning Hearts
Jim Jansen – Director of the Parish Support Team, Archdiocese of Omaha
With Marcel LeJeune