Fr. Lorig and Fr. Dan Andrew both possess GallupStrengths that make them very natural leaders. They love to dream about the future and to figure out how to help people move into that new vision.
But is leadership something you’re just born with, or is it something even these two had to learn about and grow into? They would say that it’s definitely the latter.
Today, Fr. Lorig and Fr. Andrews muse on all things leadership. Take a stroll with them as they amble through topics such as:
- Is the Church facing a leadership crisis?
- What’s a leader in the Church called to do?
- What has really helped us grow in leadership? And what are some tough lessons we’ve had to learn?
- Is there a scriptural basis for leadership?
- What challenges have we faced as a leader?
- How do we develop leaders on our staff and in our parish?
- What was our experience at the Global Leadership Summit the first time we went?
Continue the Conversation
Fr. Jeff Lorig – Pastor at St. Joan of Arc and St. Thomas More
Fr. Dan Andrews – Pastor at St. John Paul II Newman Center
Fr. Lorig and Fr. Andrews dropped a lot of names and tools in this podcast. Here are links to a few:
The Purpose Driven Church: Every Church Is Big in God’s Eyes by Rick Warren
Divine Renovation: From a Maintenance to a Missional Parish by Fr. James Mallon
Books and podcast on personal leadership and team dynamics – by Patrick Lencioni
Within Reach – A collaboration of Omaha-area Christian organizations
- To attend the summit in the Archdiocese of Omaha click here