The Activated Disciple – Jeff Cavins Part 1
I had the privilege of sitting down with Jeff Cavins to talk about his latest book, the Activated Disciple. And while he shared so many important truths, I feel like he really shared a bit of himself. Every insight comes with a story from his own life.
- Approach evangelization relationally rather than topically.
- The shape of your day reflects the love or your life. If that is Jesus, your schedule and your priorities change.
- There are easy “baby steps” to approaching scripture.
- Spend more time in prayer with scripture and you will be able to discern God’s voice speaking to you daily.
- Gather a posse of saints, a group of friends, to walk with you on this journey.
Baby Steps to Lectio Divina
- Treat the Bible as a love letter from your Father to you.
- Keep it simple. 15 minutes with the Gospel of the Day (see USCCB.org)
- The four steps of Lectio made simple:
- Read the passage once. What speaks to you?
- Meditate. See yourself in the text, and see the Lord in relationship with you.
- Pray. Talk to the Lord and listen. What is jumping out? Ask, “What do you want me to know/learn?”
- Contemplate. Enjoy the relationship that you have with God.
Continue the Conversation
Jim Jansen – Director of Pastoral Services, Archdiocese of Omaha
Jeff Cavins – Nationally known public speaker, author, television host, podcaster and pilgrimage leader.
Activated Disciple: Taking Your Faith to the Next Level by Jeff Cavins