Creating a Culture of Generosity
When I hear the word stewardship, I think of money…and I bet most of you do as well. But stewardship is more than fundraising and fundraisers. A good steward connections people with the mission and ministries of the Church.
Today, I talk with our Stewardship and Development Office, and they challenge us to stop selling magazines and start selling the mission. Fundraisers are transactional, but when a parish raises money, it should be transformational because good stewardship can lead to deeper conversion.
- Stewardship: A Disciples Response
- Unleashing Catholic Generosity – a study by the University of Notre Dame
- Made for Mission by Tim Glemkowski
- A Spirituality of Fundraising – by Henri J.M. Nouwen
- International Catholic Stewardship Council
- How to Create Amazing Culture – by Carey Nieuwhof careynieuwhof.com
Continue the Conversation
Jim Jansen – Director of Pastoral Services, Archdiocese of Omaha
Shannan Brommer – Director, Stewardship & Development Office
Tom Crowley – Stewardship & Development Officer