Who is My Neighbor?
How well do you know your neighbors? Do you want them to know Jesus and be his disciples?
The Thresholds of Evangelization give us a mental framework to approach our neighbors and to engage them in conversations about faith, but at the level they are comfortable with.
Today, I want to share with you a conversation that I had with some old friends. Aaron and Brooke Keller have committed themselves to not only making friends with their neighbors but to bringing Jesus into the lives of their neighbors.
And, I promise, they aren’t weird!
To hear insights from these good neighbors…
BLESS Method- simple acronym for remembering the basics of relational outreach
- B- Begin with prayer. Commit to praying for those around you.
- L- Listen to them with a truly open heart as you spend time with them.
- E- Eat (or drink) with them and just share life together
- S- Serve them as you hear simple and practical needs in their life.
- S- Share. Your relationship will naturally present opportunities for you to share how the Lord has given you peace, hope, forgiveness, and more.
Continue the Conversation
Jim Jansen – Director of Pastoral Services, Archdiocese of Omaha
Aaron and Brooke Keller – Lovers of God and good neighbors.