Free to Be Generous: Catholic Money Management
Do you ever feel like you don’t have enough to give? Maybe there’s debt to tackle, too many bills this month, or just not much left in the budget. But we know the Lord wants us to be generous! So, how can you increase your charitable giving when it seems there’s nothing to spare?
I had the pleasure of talking with Jonathan and Amanda Teixeira, financial experts who provide education and guidance on managing money from a Catholic perspective. When you manage money through a Catholic lens, it means considering a broader range of values, from ethical investments to personal vocation, allowing you to make better financial choices while deepening your faith.
Explore with me today the role of generosity in experiencing financial freedom and joy.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How to invite the Lord into your financial decisions and discernment.
- Strategies for tackling debt and building savings from a Catholic perspective.
- Inspiring stories of individuals who found financial freedom through faith.
- The Catholic approach to generosity and changing the world.
- Practical tips for aligning your financial decisions with your faith.
Jonathan and Amanda offer courses, workshops, and resources through their platform, WalletWin.com, to help individuals and families achieve financial stability, get out of debt, build savings, and grow in generosity while staying true to their Catholic faith. They also run “The Catholic Money Show” podcast and have written a book: How to Attack Debt, Build Savings, and Change the World Through Generosity: A Catholic Guide to Managing Your Money.
Jim Jansen – Director of Pastoral Services, Archdiocese of Omaha
With Jonathan and Amanda Teixeira